As a Senior Full Stack Developer you'll join a team of fellow awesome developers and architects who design, build, and launch web applications and websites. You'll primarily work with enterprise web content management systems including our own Titan CMS. You'll also work on custom Microsoft stack applications using cutting edge technology, much of which is Azure based.
A successful candidate will be comfortable with the entire full-stack application development cycle. You will:
- Work with clients, project managers, and digital strategists to understand requirements.
- Develop specifications, architect solutions, and estimate project time and cost.
- Implement solutions – usually writing code, and sometimes leading a small team of developers.
- Be comfortable leveraging common web-application client and server-side frameworks (e.g., Vue.js, React, Angular, Entity Framework, etc.)
- Be comfortable with underlying Microsoft server technologies (Windows Server, IIS, and SQL).
- Test, review, document, and support the resulting application.
Our developers have a breadth of knowledge and skills, and we give them the autonomy to develop amazing things. We use the best software development tools, and meet as a team often to discuss and share innovations, new tools and techniques, and better ways to work.
We also give our employees autonomy in where to work. Some primarily work from home, some are mostly in the office, while others do a mix.
Our solutions are used by Snap-On, Briggs and Stratton, Wells Fargo, City of Milwaukee and 450 other organizations - large and small.
- 5+ years of web development / Microsoft .Net development. A developer with similar experience in different languages will be considered as well.
- Understanding of web technologies, security, protocols, and hosting
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Technical and functional specification writing experience
- Mature set of coding standards and disciplines
- We don’t like cowboys. We like team players. Egos are encouraged to work for our competitors.
- SQL and IIS experience
Your Background and Values
- You tend to learn new stuff on your own, often before everyone else.
- You’re not afraid to go into the boss’s office and share your ideas for improvements. Our goal is to have great ideas flourish, nurture good ideas into great ones, and learn from the bad ideas.
- You believe that your family comes first and want to work with like-minded people.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, evolving and dynamic environment.
- You have social skills (we know you’re a programmer, but you do need to make occasional eye contact).
- You may have a degree in something other than Computer Science, and that's ok as long as you've discovered that programming is your first love.
Your First Three Months
- Learn all about Northwoods.
- Learn our time tracking, estimating, source control, and development processes and systems.
- Take on a small job and work alongside existing programming staff to learn the ropes.
- Listen a lot.
- Attend a Northwoods webinar or two.
- Attend code review sessions.
The amount of time spent on each will vary from day to day:
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Consulting, designing, coding and debugging.
- Performance tuning, re-factoring, load balancing, usability, testing.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.