The Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau (WDVCB) is the official tourism destination marketing organization for Wisconsin Dells, “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®.” People come from near and far to experience the area’s distinctive mix of natural resources and man-made fun. WDVCB’s mission is to grow the economic impact of Dells tourism through marketing, public relations, and development efforts that serve both visitors and its members.
Northwoods SEO & Content Strategy Experts Drive 23% Increase in Google Search Conversions
The WDVCB website acts as a digital front door for the wide range of amenities Wisconsin Dells has to offer, including parks, restaurants, hotels, and activities. WDVCB was preparing to launch a redesigned version of its site—developed by their digital BFFs at Northwoods—and they wanted to ensure it would reach an engaged audience yearround. They needed to choose a partner skilled at delivering data-driven digital strategy and top-notch search engine optimization (SEO). For the team at WDVCB, that choice was easy: Northwoods.
- WDVCB wanted its website to reach a wider audience and achieve and maintain top search engine results.
- Organic traffic was down, with the most significant decreases happening on the homepage and Things to Do pages.
- Previous blog topics and content offered limited exposure and opportunities for growth in terms of organic search visibility.
- Northwoods strategy experts utilized focus groups, heatmaps, SEO analysis, and development of tiered user personas to prioritize content and inform sitemap improvements.
- Quick links were added to the top of the homepage to quickly guide users to the most frequently used pages on the site.
- Simple visual cues and movement were added to make clickable elements easily recognizable.
- Northwoods conducted keyword research, user surveys, technical SEO audits, and website content analysis to better understand the competitive landscape and pinpoint opportunities for growth.
- Our digital strategy experts used that data to prioritize blog content development, providing WDVCB with monthly topic and content outlines based on the most current keyword research, then evaluating drafted content for SEO.
- Northwoods delivers ongoing technical SEO maintenance and recommendations to ensure that behind-the-scenes code, metadata, page speed, images, URL structure, and Schema.org markup are working to benefit the site.
- The Northwoods team creates customized monthly reports for WDVCB that include website metrics, current keyword rankings, and backlink activity, complemented by monthly meetings to review data, analysis, and SEO recommendations.
Take a deeper dive into the WDVCB website design strategy and specific design elements.